Even after all this time in quarantine, nothing's really changed for Americans. It turns out, according to a study performed by Statista, masturbation is much more common than you think. Unfortunately, before 2020, most of us probably didn’t consider that this study was even a thing. Now that we've been living in quarantine for a year this study is a reality for many. Perhaps this is because you live alone but could just as well be due to spending so much time with your partner. Either way, right now having sex with yourself is in, here are some ways to perfect the art of self pleasure.
1. Masturbation can help you find your orgasm: it is hard to orgasm with a partner and according to a survey done by the Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy, 18.4% of women cannot reach orgasm from penetrative sex alone. This means that over 80% of women need clitoral stimulation or otherwise to “get off.” Knowing your body and being able to confidently orgasm on your own can lead to better sex altogether with partners in the future.Simon Wolff CBD-infused Sex Elixir. Setting a sexy scene is part of the fun of loving yourself.
3. Masturbation is an overall mood lifter: When we orgasm, the body releases endorphins which boosts happiness. This is why when we reach climax, we often feel the release that our endorphins bring on.
4. It can help you fall asleep: If you struggle to fall asleep at night, the release that comes from masturbating can aid in sleep. Your muscles are working, blood is pumping and the post-orgasm phase can make some feel very sleepy. Next time you are suffering from some mild insomnia, pull out that vibrator and some Simon Wolff CBD-Infused Sex Elixir for some relief. The CBD infused into the elixir increases blood-flow, amping up sensitivity and response, causing that post-orgasm sensation to be intensified.
5. Masturbation can aid in stress relief: We get it, it’s been a long day, and now you’ve got a ton of pent-up negative energy to dump. Giving your body the release of endorphins that accompanies an orgasm and bring yourself back down to Earth.
6. Masturbation allows you to explore new sex toys and sensations you might be nervous to try with a partner: Incorporating new toys that produce different sensations while your alone allow you to tap into new and exciting parts of your body. Because it’s water-based, the Simon Wolff CBD-Infused Sex Elixir is safe for use with toys as well as condoms so you can feel comfortable pairing it with your new favorite toys as well as your tried and trues.
7. Masturbation can increase your libido: According to an article by Huffington Post, experiencing a rush of dopamine helps to not start with a “cold engine” when you are with a partner.
8. Exploring your own body can make you a better lover: Masturbation is the ultimate form of self-exploration. Learning what gets you going and what doesn’t while you play alone, can make it easier to have a better connection when playing with a partner. New toys are just the beginning, using our Sex Elixir is another new and fun trick to pull out of your bag and introduce to your partner the next time the lights go down. And there is nothing sexier than someone who knows what they like.
9. You can masturbate at any age: But after menopause, women may experience dryness and discomfort. Simon Wolff’s CBD-Infused Sex Elixir replaces much-needed moisture making your time with sex toys (and your partner) more enjoyable so you can keep on keepin’ on.
10. Masturbation can reduce anxiety: According to an article by Forbes Magazine, when orgasm is reached, oxytocin or “the love hormone” is released and can cause you to feel at peace. The best part? No partner necessary.
At the end of the day, masturbation is fun, safe, and exciting. From stress relief to a better sense of self-pleasure, masturbation has a wide range of benefits. Be your own valentine this year and take these tips for a test drive.